8.31.2011

What a Jerk!

I don’t say NO to Jerk Chicken. I could easily trash my baon (own lunch) if it’s on the Menu.  My Jamaican colleagues thought they were not authentic.  But, hey, I’m no authentic myself.  I can’t even make it half as good.  Besides, if it’s only 5-floors down from me, and only $4.99, then it makes this second to none... at least for now.


Our menu rotates, but  occasionally new dishes are introduced.  But there’s already a variety you can make out of Pasta Bar Tuesdays and Stir-Fry Thursdays, which is another favourite.

I always look forward to customizing from the selection of vegetables (bell peppers, mushrooms, carrots, broccoli, bokchoy, beansprout, zuccini), meat (tofu, shrimp, chicken or beef), sauces (Teriyaki, Orange Ginger, Red Curry, Peanut Thai, Szechuan or Sweet Chili) and carbs (rice or Asian noodles). It is prepared fresh and cooked while you wait.  Nevermind that the cooking time takes a big chunk off my lunch break, when the server fills my bowl to the brim - sometimes heaping - I’m a happy camper!

No comments:

Post a Comment