5.16.2012

I've Learned

Many times when a person initiates a negative message or difficult attitude, they are trying to trigger a response from you. They are trying to take away your power and make it their own. When we react, we are actually giving them what they want. Stop the cycle of negative snowballing and sell them short on what they’re looking for. Don’t bother responding and keep your power.
- Lessons Learned in Life

This life lesson is nothing but timely, after some tough weeks at work. I've learned that you don't always win and you don't always have to. I've learned to just uphold good work ethics - honesty, integrity and dignity (that order). I've learned that the workplace is like a box of crayons. Each crayon is a unique colour. Some colours clash. Some complement another. Some colours are used more often. Some not at all. The White, though always overlooked, is the one that stays sharpest. I've learned that whatever colour you are, all have the same sole purpose, that is to colour. More importantly, to live in harmony inside the box.


I've learned. Nuf said.


No comments:

Post a Comment