9.12.2011

New School Year

It's back to school, so I'm back to autopilot.  I wake up everyday at 6AM to make our breakfast and bento for Mini Shabu.  I most often start from scratch (like scratching my head for ideas - lol), especially when there's no left-overs from previous meal that falls into the criteria, which as we know are:
1) easy to eat - nutrition break is only 20min, *rolling my eyes*
2) will not spoil (e.g. cheese, mayo) - no fridge in school
3) will still taste good at room temp - no microwave
4) peanut-free - dope! the things you can do with peanut butter!
5) not messy to eat - minimal use of spoon/fork for dear Mini Shabu

Here's what I have kicked-off with so far:
Ube (taro) sliced bun, fish tofu squares, beans w/enoki mushroom, fruit cup (w/o the juice)


Mashed potatoes, chicken nuggets, hotdogs, quail eggs

cheese sandwich, hotdog, corn from the cob, peach fruit

I'm not a big-fan of hotdogs or anything high in sodium-nitrate, but I've been buying it lately as they're so easy and pretty on the bento.

No comments:

Post a Comment