4.09.2012

Tearjerkers

With 2 kids and the daily mundane, gone are the days of following Oprah, Ellen, and Prison Break. I have no time to watch TV. Well, except for that one day I would watch The OSCARS. But that was after a long debate because it would end at midnight on a worknight. We now have a discipline of staying at home one day on the weekend to watch a movie or an episode of Desperate Housewives among others. DH is the only one we follow now and we can't even watch it when it airs (zzz.zzz.zzz) so we watch it on On Demand.

My last two weeks were tearjerking. It’s a coincidence that all that we watched have a common thread – raising kids while coping with the loss of the spouse. That to me means a lot of tears =[

We Bought A Zoo is more touching that I thought. After you watch it, it makes you want to watch it again, download the soundtrack, go to the zoo with the kids, and - when you don't know what else to say to Why - say "Why not?"

For the Best Picture and Actor nomination. And for Hawaii. I was sure this was going to be in my watch list.

Please pass the Kleenex on this scene in Extremely Loud and Incredibly Close. We now often refer to Oskar Schell if we talk maps, scrapbooks and hiding spots.

Desperate Housewives is on its last season. Boohoo. Goodbye, Mike Delfino (above scene). I'm going to miss Carlos' and Tom's characters. DH writers - you're the best!

No comments:

Post a Comment