4.14.2012

Junk Mobile

Sushi had this project in school to build a Junk Mobile using things around the house and incorporating at least 2 Simple Machines out of the 6 - lever, inclined plane, pulley, screw, wedge and wheel/axle. Anyone who says their 7 year old can do this entirely on his own is baloney. You should be happy if there's at least some cheering of support from the one would be taking your project to school and present it like it's his. While this was the first thing on my mind when I wake up each morning until its deadline, dear son just gave me his utmost trust of deliverance, lots of hugs & kisses, and constant "Mommy knows best!"

Had my thinking cap on each night after supper and released the Handy Manny in me.
Simple Machines: wheel/axle, lever and screw
Materials: Pencil (red), Kleenex box (orange), kitchen sponge (yellow), letter bath toy (green), Teddy Bear (blue), pompoms (purple), Tinkertoy wheels, BBQ sticks, and hook screw.
It is by accident that we have picked technicoloured materials that spelled each colour of the rainbow. So Sushi named it - The Rainbow Wagon.

Disclaimer: This is not the most A-deserving project, but this tells me I can build something out of nothing - sans talent, san idea from Google images =[  Just think outside the box.

No comments:

Post a Comment