12.22.2011

Green Christmas

By the time Christmas arrives, we will have accumulated a glass jar full of candy canes from the kids’ loot from school and from my coworkers. I don’t let the kids have them unless we break one cane to split among the 4 of us which is very rare. I would mix bits and bites into my coffee or hot chocolate for the peppermint kick. I just add the least bit of sugar to taste.

I save most of my kids’ artwork, especially the ones in Christmas theme. I reuse them as gift tags to personalize Christmas presents from our family. I do the same for old Christmas cards. I cut out the message and use the cover to jazz up a plain gift bag.

This is one of those, I tagged my Welcome basket using the kid’s art. This was my welcome gift to my in-laws on their most recent visit.

I like receiving Christmas cards. I still get all giddy to check the mailbox at Christmas time. But sadly, with the influx of Facebook and email, we don’t get as much cards anymore year after year. On the flipside, it’s the practical thing to do.

The best cards are the hand-made.

This year we are not sending out any photo cards like we do each year. It’s more because we didn’t have enough time to take that photo, order the cards and (snail)mail them out on time, having just come back from vacation.

This is also a better shout out to my blog friends…
Merry Christmas!    -from The Hotpot Family

1 comment:

  1. Merry Christmas to the Hotpot Family!! May you all have a great celebration and good holidays!

    Beautiful family picture!!

    ReplyDelete