12.05.2011

Today

Today was our first day back to work and school since our vacation. My alarm was set for 6AM. I tuned in for traffic and weather forecast. Today’s a high of 6°Celcius. I plan the kids’ clothes for school. Coats checked. Gloves checked. Boots checked. Blanket for daycare checked. Indoor shoes checked.

As breakfast was being prepared, so is the bento. I was excited to use some of the bento tools I acquired from Daiso on my recent trip. I’ll blog about it later. This being Sushi’s first day back to school, I didn’t want to overwhelm so I made it simple.
Asparagus, cheese, apples, cheese pocket sandwich, more apples and animal biscuits

I dropped of Sashimi at daycare on the way to work. As expected it wasn’t easy for him. I haven’t heard him cry this loud in a while. I heard him trying to unlock the classroom door as I was walking out. It was heart wrenching.

As I drove by the airport to work, my office being right across it, I can’t help but rewind our trip back to when it started - the taxi ride to the airport. Except for going through the 1400+ emails that filled my inbox while I was away, it was an average day. At 2:30pm no matter how busy, I shut down my computer and leave so I can make it on time to pick up Sushi from school.

I would be in the kitchen clearing the remnants of breakfast and preparing dinner, while Sushi was having his afternoon snack and doing his my homework. Today, it’s Division.

There’s still pending chores from since we came back from the trip. There’s more to do when the rest of the boys are home. It’s a whirl with dinner, baths, until we get ready for bed.

This is my life. It’s demanding, most times exhausting, but it revolves around this small family I call mine. Welcome back home!

No comments:

Post a Comment