10.28.2011

Stair Master

On my recent medical check-up, my family physician asked me if I exercise. I told her that I have been taking the stairs, if that counts. She gave out an insulting laugh. She thought I was referring to the stairs at home. Yes, I have 5 splits levels worth of stairs at home, and kids or laundry basket to lug up and down through, but of course I didn’t mean that.

For the last 3 months, I have religiously been taking the stairs at work. I work on the 5th floor (and my physician couldn’t believe it). That’s a combined 93 steps. And I do 4 trips each day – coming in & out, and down for lunch & up. No miss. Do the math. There are times I want to renege with thoughtful excuses of I’m running late, it’s a busy day, or I miss the interactions at the elevator. And then I’ll snap back to thinking if I renege once, I am bound to renege habitually.

With our daily mundane, working-out is really OUT.  Even the Wii Fit didn’t help =[  Now, thanks to the Fire Exit, I’m a proud stair master without a Stairmaster.

No comments:

Post a Comment