7.15.2012

Pork Belly for my Belly

I control our consumption of deli meat due to sodium nitrate. I buy the lesser evil - chicken or turkey - instead of pork. But sometimes pork bacon is hard to resist, especially if the strips of belly keep looking at you from the meat section.

Okay, I lied. I was the one who kept looking at them.
I saw this recipe from Kitchen Cow.  Easy to replicate. Just rub salt/pepper liberally to the bellies and pan fry. Do not put oil.

Oil aplenty will ooze from the fat. Drain on paper towel after cooking.

I don't normally eat this unhealthy. But heck, I live to eat. Okay, only sometimes. My dipping sauce - soysauce with lemon. Crunch!

2 comments:

  1. U use pork bacon or use pork belly? Thanks for the tips, i should try this at home. I think it taste as good if i eat it with bread. Yum.

    ReplyDelete