7.18.2012

Summer Camp Bento

Sushi goes to an Interactive Learning Adventure Camp for 7 weeks this summer. Each week they have at least 2 field trips. For the last three weeks, they have been to Medieval Times, the Toronto Zoo and Royal Ontario Museum each one for a full day. On these days I pack his bento differently. I make (or buy) something easy to munch. I let him bring really cold water. In addition, I place a frozen juice box to serve as an ice pack.

I discovered that Sushi loved the Beef Curry buns from the oriental food marts. That makes some mornings easier. I alternate that with the BBQ Pork bun. Veggies of either carrots or grape tomatoes. And fruits that are great for the warm weather, like fresh lychees. I tossed 2 choco-mallows as an extra treat, but it came back home. He said they're junk. Whatever!

I am using Sistema's Klip-It Lunch Cubes on most of his field trips.

The night before I would freeze his water bottle half-filled. Then I'll fill it up with water in the morning.

Easy peasy summer bento. Easy for him. Easy for me.

1 comment:

  1. Sometime on a rush morning, a ready buy buns is just make my life easier, just tuck the bun in the box, then ready to go. :D:D *lazy mum*

    ReplyDelete