1.01.2012

Boxes & Things Repurposed

Every new year, I make a resolution to organize more. I say more because it’s already a habit, and at the new year because over the holidays we have raked in more stuff than we really need - from presents received to personal acquisitions. So there's a lot of organizing to do to make everything fit. As I have said, an organized space makes an organized life. This is also a good time to freeze the shopping - okay, minimize - and to purge the excess, if not, reuse and recycle the existing.

We use Kleenex boxes a lot, and I thought I should find good use out of the empty boxes.
As plastic bags dispenser

And as dividers and liner for the snacks drawer. It doesn't take space you could barely see it.

Empty can of Similac to store toothbrushes that goes under the vanity

I hooked my scarves hanger onto an old medal.

And I use the hub’s favourite Ferrero boxes for my jewelry.

Boxes of anything I reuse to store old and new greeting cards, receipts, stationery, what nots. I even found use of the Mcdonalds kids’ meal box to store gift tags.

Before I even think of heading to Solutions to buy the nth basket or box for organizing, I first have to look around the house for what I can repurpose.

1 comment: