2.05.2012

Moneyball

At the library,
Sushi: Mom, he's not a really good baseball player, you know.
Mom: Because he's not a baseball player, S. He's Brad Pitt.

I knew I was going to watch Moneyball because of my own budding Peter Brand, played by Jonah Hill.

Yup, not Billy Beane.
See the semblance?

He got these books for Christmas last year. The Almanac is his favourite. Judging from its use and abuse, yellow and orange markers, folds and overly-flipped pages, it must be. It's his sports bible.

After he got the Sports Illustrated: Basketball book on his birthday. He said he wish he could find a baseball version, too. When I saw it in Costco I was sure he was going to want it. He got it for Christmas.
Whether he becomes a Peter Brand, a Billy Beane, a baseball player or none of the above, I know he will always have a little of them all. I can see it now, and I can tell it's going to stay with him whatever he turns out to be.

No comments:

Post a Comment