2.02.2012

A Month Without Buying

I have read Judith Levine’s Not Buying It: My Year Without Shopping, and thought her exercise was rather too drastic. But guess what, January flew by for me without a trip to the mall, nor any stand-alone shops. And it's doable! Though early in the year, I did visit my Relaxation Mecca and home idea generator - Ikea. I unbelievably came out of the big blue store with nothing. But relaxed and, true enough, with only ideas! And the boys their ice cream.


I am on a quest to buy minimally this year for the self. I say minimally because to say nothing would be a strong commitment, bwahaha. Please no more traps for me – broken camera, whatnots.

But my boy needs a new pair of snowboots. That doesn’t count, right? Besides, It’s. A. Must.

To the mall tomorrow =]


No comments:

Post a Comment