2.05.2012

Daily Dose of Happiness


Waking up and snoozing for another 15 minutes
Spring weather on a winter day (like today).
When I snap close Sushi’s completed bento box.
Long skirt I’d wear immediately after it’s laundered.
Checking off a task in my To Do List.
Listening to Atlantis Radio via Shoutcast at work.
My office phone not ringing at all.
Back and forth emails at work with Mr. Hotpot.
Lunch break.
2:30PM.
Driving through the 401 tunnel to Hurontario.
Sushi coming out of school with a big smile.
“You’ve Got Mail” at home and it’s not spam or forwards.
The extra time to blog and read blogs.
New updates when I check fellow bloggers (Paging AnnieQ).
Magazines. Current issues.
Each time Sashi goes potty.
Sushi’s spontaneous singing and dancing at dinner time.
Sashi’s different rendition of my OMG, or just MG, or OG.
And “One day…” and “That’s it…” and “Don’t worry, Mom.”
Switching off the kitchen light when all is done.
Sneaking an After Eight before I do the above.
Kids are bathed, and so was I.
The smell of Moringa when I slather on self.
Reading and playing with the boys.
When the boys begin their prayers… “Dear Lord…”
Canoodling with them before bedtime.
When the boys are finally asleep.
[Which gives me] uninterrupted conversations with Mr. Hotpot.
Beating the Computer on Scrabble. My first App purchase.
Falling asleep in ambient instrumental music.
Waking up to another day where small joys await.

The secret to finding eternal happiness, to me, is finding joy in the most simple things.  Because they multiply.

No comments:

Post a Comment